When to Seek Therapy
The decision to see a therapist is a very personal decision. Many times, people choose therapy during times of stress and emotional pain. It may also be when they want to grow and mature.
The following are issues or experiences during
which you might seek therapy:
- Undue, prolonged
- Depression or mood swings
- Difficulties in relationships
- Life events: marriage, divorce, death, parenthood, blended family issues, retirement, aging process, adolescence, etc.
- Chronic physical illness caused by tension and stress
- Problems following traumatic events such as childhood, emotional and/or physical abuse.
- Constant worries or obsessions
- Excessive anger, frustration, or guilt with no resolution
- Self-destructive thoughts and behavior
- Problems with drugs or alcohol
Making the decision to initiate psychotherapy can be quite intimidating. Finding a therapist that is the right fit for you requires that you consider someone that you can trust. Someone you feel comfortable talking to about difficult subjects and intimate secrets, someone who will be a partner in your recovery.Therapy will not be effective unless you have this bond, so take some time at the beginning to find the right person. My practice can provide these important components to that ideal therapeutic relationship. Together, we can work on initiating your journey to a healthier self.
Barbara V. Rivas, LCSW
Diplomate in Clinical
5629 FM 1960 West
Houston, Texas 77069
"All Sessions by Appointment Only"
Some Evening and Weekend Appointments Available
|MapQuest Terms and Conditions
Maps/Directions are informational only. User assumes all risk of use. MapQuest, Vistaprint, and their suppliers make no representations or warranties about content, road conditions, route usability, or speed.